Saturday, August 21, 2021

Mirrors


Are emotional 
states of being and mind 
contagious?

Or are many oblivious 
to their own conditioning
of reacting and responding 

To the atmosphere & personas around them...


Wishfully 
wanting to ask questions 
that burn within their minds 
on an everyday basis.

Given 
the aforementioned opportunity
to ask a particular set of individuals 
an inquiry 


I would vocalize: 





Due to the fact
 I am 
silenced 

During fruitless 
attempts
to speak


At being 
on the receiving end 
of one date

In time

That has dragged out 
for years...

Surpassing 
the  24 hours
we're daily afforded

Rendering 
my 
right to know 

voiceless. 



Everyday 
awaken

I strive not to become 
desensitized 
to others. 


To remain 'human'
and not revert 
into a 
monstrosity

To find an outlet
in an effort not to combust
 into an empty 
void

The most darkened abyss.


I encrypt my experience(s)
whenever I 
write

Awaiting the day
to converse
candidly 

Reminding myself
there is someone
that will eventually 
listen.




To know
your phone seldom 
rings

When countless 
unrelated individuals
read your life 
via a blog

Is saddening.

As if words 
viewed on a screen 
at  a distance

is equivalent
with one on one 
interaction.

Yet,
I move forward
without them.

Those 
I would never behave like
if the roles where reversed.


Understanding:

Everything 
Is A Joke
Until It Happens To You


When The Shoe
Of Oppression & Discrimination
Is At Your Doorstep

It Is Only Then
You
Want Everyone Else
To Care.

May That Day
For The Onlookers
Never Come

As

🎶.
.. You'll Get A Glimpse 
Of Everything That I Harbor 
We All Ain't Got 
The Strength To Be A Martyr ... 
🎶



©  LaToya S. C.



Dug Myself 
Out Of 
The Ashes

And Wrote 
With A 
Passion




My Greatness 
Is Proof
Of

 Action

No comments:

Post a Comment