Monday, May 11, 2020

G.od U.niverse N.ature ~* 9:20am



Upon seeing a white bird
 of an unknown species
outside my bedroom window. 

I wanted to write 
these words 
earlier in the day.

Instead 
I allowed myself time
 to feel - to cry & self reflect.

Following a moment

 I will forever remember - evaporated
 into my mind
creating a cherished memory.




Depending on the region in which one resides,
specific holidays are advertised by various sources in advance. 
Alerting the masses to remember the date.


Yesterday
May 10, 2020
was mother's day in the United States.


A time 
set aside for children 
to honor their mother's


As mother's are revered
for birthing them 
into this world. 


For many 
this day is a joyous festivity
or an indication of the exact opposite. 


Within aspects of living 
human contentedness is essential
whether an occasion is deemed special or, just a regular Tuesday.


Upon rising the 10th of May, I knew a date on the calendar 
wouldn't negate or change collective abandonment 
Displayed by others. 


Which in hindsight served 
as illuminating life
towards a different trajectory.


Seeing a change of feathers 
instead of familiarity 
was symbolic for me.


Breathing reality into the acronym:

G.od
       U.niverse
    N.ature


As KRS One Stated:


Our People
Are Not Fighters
We Are Artists

We Are 
The Truth
Itself


When I needed to hear 
the aforementioned 
most

A 'weapon' of  love
was placed within 
the palm of my hand.


Of Universal Guidance & Protection

Surrounded
At all
Times


In subtitle ways
Constantly reminding me
I am never alone


© LaToya S. C.



My Faith Rises Up
Even While Pulse Dropping
I Roll It On My Heart
So It's Never
Forgotten





The Sun & The Moon

And 
The Stars


All Been Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment