Friday, April 3, 2020

Mastery of choices



Which are you?

Are you what you have done
Or what you'd like to believe that you would not do
But have done.

You are what you do
And what you do frequently
Is coming from your conditioned self.

With all the best intentions
And with all the best input
People frequently make very poor choices
And then master that choice

Because at some point 
It worked for them.

When you lie and get away with it
It works
When you steal and get away with it
It works

I never find people
Who just 
Lie once
Steal once
Betray once

It becomes a pattern...


Actions

Speak Louder Than Words
And They Say: 


I Don't Care 





Her: You'd rather I be demure



Him: I'd rather you be rational 



Her: Meaning what? 

that I say noting about what I see
What I hear? 


Him: what have you heard?



Her: that you are capable of anything..



Him: Well, if you didn't tell me about it 

it couldn't have been very upsetting


Her: It made me sick to my stomach

This whole arrangement 


Him: What arrangement? 



Her: That I am to accept what you tell me

and ask nothing more
That I aid you in the business you conduct
and pretend I don't know what that business is


Him: I don't recall you ever saying no

to anything I put in front of you.


You make a little noise every now and then

to remind me what a good person you are


But a good person 

wouldn't be here right now.





What isn't acknowledged 

Be it 
The relationship(s)
A person is in

 Family members, friends & acquaintances 
The majority of one's time 
Is spent

Reflects
 By 
Mirroring 

Aspects 
Of the 
Self 

Nothing 
Is hidden 
Or concealed 

Pay Attention!

Not only 
To the company 
You keep


But how they choose 
To communicate with you
About you. 

Are you what you think you are?

Or

Oblivious to the pattern
Of mastering
Poor choices?  


I used the song above
 to illustrate a point 
lyrically through sound. 

Many believe themselves to be "good" 
for keeping the object of their affection secrets 
Or playing along with a specific agenda 

Believing 
It is synonymous 
With loyalty

When in essence
 It lacks 
Integrity 

If there ever comes a time
when a lack of personal merit 
begins to weigh said individual down

They are quickly reminded:

It isn't possible 
To be immersed in anything
that isn't already deeply embedded in their own character. 




I'll end 
How I 
Began

Which are you?

Are you what you have done
Or what you'd like to believe that you would not do
But have done.



Do The Knowledge 

✌🏾

© LaToya S. C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment