Thursday, April 23, 2020

Quite Dominance - The Becoming


The following words emitted from my being
April 21, 2017
& shared at 6:51am 

Memories like this make me gravitate 
towards the notion
"It is written"

The LaToya from my past
new who I am at this very moment
needed to read this. 



We work to become, not to acquire. 

The majority of what one believes
is the power of
 suggestion.


It is said: Sagittarians are known for their adventurous, 

life of the party, abhor being tied down 

disposition.

As an introvert,
I have never personified
the aforementioned.


‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’
has always
coincide with my being.


Is that a paradoxical anomaly?
cherished Idiosyncrasy?
conundrum of an over thinker?

Always contemplating

in betwixt
an aspect of myself reawakened!


As I travel daily
borough to borough
immersed in scenery.


Infatuated
with the ambiance
of everyone rushing
within arms reach.



My gaze meets lovers
oblivious
to their surroundings
Performers and artists
of various
genres.

Advertisements are effervescent. 

Children’s laughter
The mischievousness
of teenage adolescence
Adults absorbed
in verbalized
condescension.

Different ethnicities
musical symphony
of languages.

Amid the latest
fashions
phones, books
and tablets.

Panhandlers
Tourist
Aroma of fast food and cuisines
Self proclaimed ministers
Prophets
Theologians
Ponzi scheme’s.

If I didn’t mention it
what’s your
faith?

Selling dreams
at whatever price
an individual is willing to pay.

As the affluent
continue to scheme
on their next venture


The Homeless
shelter passerby’s
in acquired wisdom….


I am humbled
Appreciating the opportunity to attune
what lay dormant
but was always with in

Understanding:
Going to work everyday
isn't about 'making a living'


it is the joy of watching other’s live. 


© LaToya S. C. 


Joy

Why Am I So Happy

In These Trying Times
When A Frown Is The Fashion

I'm Beaming
Like 
The
Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment